Strength and durability with no enclosure necessary! Zyltech’s PETG 3D printing filament is a great choice for all of your functional prints. PETG filament prints at hotter temps than PLA leading to stronger layer adhesion, thus higher quality and more sturdy printed parts. Unlike ABS, however, PETG is greatly easier to print with. Printed PETG parts are applied widely in industrial thermoplastic scenarios and have been employed desirably in manufacture with and without post-processing. In one word, PETG filament combines the advantage of PLA filament in ease of use and that of ABS filament in strength and durability.
Our 1kg rolls are tried and tested to offer you strength and durability at a great price!
Strength and Durability:
ZYLtech's PETG filament 3D printer filament is formulated specifically for strength and durability. PETG is a great and affordable choice for functional prints and products intended for outdoor use.
Each of our individualized 3d printer filament formulas is meticulously tested for quality and consistency. Our 1.75mm PETG filament tolerances of ±.05mm make for steady feed rates and reliable extrusion on both Bowden and Direct Drive setups!
ZYLtech’s #1 goal is to provide you with the most reliable and the strongest 3D printer filament at the best price possible. We use top quality US based raw materials and additives for reliable results time after time.
It's important to us here at ZYLtech that all of our 3d printer filaments have consistent and reliable color in each and every roll that comes off the production floor. Our chemist and quality control department work closely to ensure that our formulas produce reliably reproducible results every time.
- Diameter: 1.75mm
- Tolerance: ±.05mm
- Density: 1.27 g/cm³
- Appx Length on Spool: 327 meters
- Spool Dimensions:
- Outer Dimension of Spool: 11.5" x 6"
- Inner Hole Diameter: 32mm
- Recommended Temps:
- Print Temperature: 235±10°C
- Heated Bed Temp: 75±5°C
- Recommended Build Surface:
- Microporous Coated Glass
- Painters Tape
- Glue Stick or Hairspray on Glass (use caution with adhesives as ABS may adhere very well
- Leveling for PLA filament:
- If you use the paper method to level, we usually suggest leveling as you would for PLA then setting a Z offset of appx .5mm.
- First Layer Adherence:
- Avoid leveling too close (especially with PEI as it may fuse too much)
- Use glue stick, hairspray or alternative method to create a layer to both holds during printing, thus allowing for easier release from your build surface.
- GO SLOW on that first layer. Somewhere around 30mm/s is usually adequate.
- We have found that 0% fan for the first 2 layers gives the best chance to avoid curling/warping.
- Layer Adhesion:
- PETG 3d printer filament will adhere to itself more efficiently when printed with little to no parts cooling fan. If you are working with fine detail or bridging, you will have to experiment with parts cooling fan settings for best results.
- Stringing and retraction:
- You will typically need to increase the retraction distance and retraction speed compared with printing with PLA. You are also suggested to experiment with stringing and retraction test models to dial in your machine’s settings.