ZYLtech PLA filaments have taken the best aspects of PLA filament, including renewability, biodegradability, and adaptability. PLA, known as Polylactic Acid, is the most widely used plastic filament in 3D printing. PLA filament is a bioplastic due to the fact that it is produced from renewable natural resources such as tapioca and corn starch products. As a biodegradable material, so it is much better for the environment in contrast to petrochemical-based alternatives.
ZYLtech filament is all about reliability. When you need a stronger and more durable functional part, you need to know you are printing with a material you can trust and depend on. ZYLtech’s NO. 1 goal is to provide you with the most reliable and the strongest 3D printer filament at the best price possible.
ZYLtech PLA 3D printer filament is meticulously tested for quality and consistency. We use top quality US based raw materials and additives for reliable results time after time. Our 1.75mm PLA filament tolerances of ±.05mm make for steady feed rates and reliable extrusion on both Bowden and Direct Drive setups!
ZYLtech PLA filaments are designed with price in mind; we created an affordable solution for every 3D maker. Whether you are a pure beginner with a finite budget, or an additive manufacturer looking to save on cost of production, ZYLtech PLA is the filament to get any job done.
It's important to us at ZYLtech that all of our 3d printer filaments have consistent color in each and every roll that comes off the production floor. Our chemist and quality control department work closely to ensure that our formulas produce reliably reproducible results every time.
- Diameter: 1.75mm
- Tolerance: ±.05mm
- Density: 1.27 g/cm³
- Appx Length on Spool: 327 meters
- Spool Dimensions:
- Outer Dimension of Spool: 8 inch x 2.5 inch
- Inner Hole Diameter: 2.5 inch
- Recommended Temps:
- Print Temperature: 205±10°C
- Recommended Bed Temperature: Not needed, but if printer has heated bed, 40±15 °C
- Recommended Build Surface:
- Microporous Coated Glass
- Painters Tape
- Glue Stick or Hairspray on Glass (use caution with adhesives as PLA may adhere very well)
- Leveling for PLA filament:
- If you use the paper method to level, we usually suggest leveling as you would for PLA then setting a Z offset of +.5-1mm.
- PLA does not like to “squish.”
- First Layer Adherence:
- We have found that 0% fan for the first 2 layers gives the best chance to avoid curling/warping.
- Layer Adhesion:
- PLA 3d printer filament will adhere to itself more efficiently when printed with little to no parts cooling fan. If you are working with fine detail or bridging, you will have to experiment with parts cooling fan settings for best results.
- Stringing and retraction:
- You will typically need to increase the retraction distance and retraction speed vs printing with PLA. You will need to experiment with stringing and retraction test models to dial in your machine’s settings.